- Regular and effective coordination with government bodies and stakeholder.
- Conduct quality program for beneficiary with MEAL system.
- Organize programs to key beneficiary and targeted group.
- Involve community people in planning, implementation and evaluation of programs.
- Handover programs to community and government bodies for continue of program.
- Utilize local resources for smooth program functioning.
- Practice situation analysis/survey of the program area prior to program implementation.
- Maintain transparency and accountability during program implement and distribution.
- Encourage community participation in community development programs.
Who We Are
Community Family Welfare Association (CFWA) was established in 1996 AD (BS 2053) in Nagarayan Municipality ward no 7, Deodiha, Dhanusha district Nepal. Initially, it was established as a community based organization (CBO) with technical and managerial support of family planning Association of Nepal under its long-term sustainable plan to continue family planning services at the community level. Later on, it was registered at the District administrative office as non-government and non- profit making organization in 27 June 1997 (13 Ashar 2053 BS) in Dhanusha district. Now CFWA has two field offices in Mahottari and Dhanusha districts working in child protection, Child marriage, Child Poverty, ECCD (Early childhood care and development), Basic education, maternal and new born child health, good governance, sexual and reproductive health, adolescent development and income generation. CFWA is going to be expanded as leading organization in the state number 2 and it has aimed to be well known organization in the Nepal.
- Increase awareness to create healthy, knowledgeable and well-being society
- Increase access to personal and environment hygiene, maternal and child health, immunization, ORT and nutritional services to communities
- Ensure provision of quality family planning services to community people directly or indirectly.
- Coordinate with stakeholders for women empowerment, income generation, educational activities and to promote the health status of community people through community participation.
- Organize different programs on Health and Educational activities by smooth coordination with different INGOs/NGOs.
- Organize community development, environment, and other useful programs and advocate for available services for proportionate distribution of services.
- Build capacity of children, women and men to use health services through awareness raising programs in the working area.
- Build capacity of teachers, parents associations and school management committees to ensure a healthy and learning environment for children in schools.
- Improve economic status of men and women by involving them in income generation activities through community mobilization in the program area.
- Improve health status of women, children and men through health education in the program area.
- Advocate and expand close coordination and networking to build a partnership with line agencies to ensure proportionate distribution of services of available services in the communities.
- Increase participation of Dalit, Janajati and ultra-poor communities under the social inclusion process and bring them into the mainstream of national development.
Creation of healthy, knowledgeable and well-being of Society
Creating healthy, knowledgeable and well-being society by building the capacity of community people and children to use various services simultaneously exploring services through promotion and ensuring impartial distribution of those services as well as advocating for proportionate distribution of opportunities.