- Regular and effective coordination with stakeholders.
- Organize programs for children, women and for Dalit groups.
- Encourage community participation in planning, implementation, and evaluation of community programs.
- Handover programs to community or Village Development Committee (VDC) for program sustainability.
- Utilize local resources for smooth program functioning.
- Practice situation analysis/survey of the program area prior to program implementation.
- Maintain transparency and accountability in economic matters.
- Encourage community participation in community development programs.
- Give continuity to the development of Organization.
Who We Are
Community Family Welfare Association was established in 2053 BS (1996) in Deodiha VDC ward no. 8 of Dhanusha district as a Community Based Organization (CBO) with the technical and managerial support of Family Planning Association of Nepal under its long-term sustainable plan for continued Family Planning services at the community level. CFWA was later registered at the District Administrative Office (DAO) on the 13th day of Ashar 2053 BS in Dhanusha. The organization currently has its head office at Deodiha VDC ward no. 8 and field office in Janakpur Municipality ward no. 4. Since its inception CFWA has been carrying out various populations and development works such as education, reproductive and environmental health, Women empowerment, capacity building and skill based training, as well as income generation activities in program VDCs. So far the organization has served the population of 57 VDCs and 1 Municipality out of total 101 VDCs and 1 Municipality in the Dhanusha district and 18 VDCs and 1 Municipality out of total 76 VDCs and 1 Municipality in Mahottari District. The organization aims at expanding its program in rest of the VDCs as well as in other districts of Nepal in the future.
- Increase awareness to create healthy, knowledgeable and well-being society
- Increase access to personal and environment hygiene, maternal and child health, immunization, ORT and nutritional services to communities
- Ensure provision of quality family planning services to community people directly or indirectly.
- Coordinate with stakeholders for women empowerment, income generation, educational activities and to promote the health status of community people through community participation.
- Organize different programs on Health and Educational activities by smooth coordination with different INGOs/NGOs.
- Organize community development, environment, and other useful programs and advocate for available services for proportionate distribution of services.
- Build capacity of children of all ages, women, and men to use health services through awareness raising programs in the working VDCs
- Build capacity of teachers, parents associations and school management committees to ensure a healthy and learning environment for children in schools.
- Improve economic status of men and women by involving them in income generational activities through community mobilization in the program VDCs
- Improve health status pf women, children and men through health education in the program VDCs.
- Advocate and expand close coordination and networking to build a partnership with line agencies to ensure proportionate distribution of services of available services in the communities.
- Increase participation of Dalit, Janajati and ultra poor communities under the social inclusion process and bring them into the mainstream of national development.
Creation of healthy, knowledgeable and well-being of Society
Creating healthy, knowledgeable, and well-being society by building the capacity of communities to use various services simultaneously exploring services through promotion and ensuring impartial distribution of those services as well as advocating for proportionate distribution of opportunities.