Current Project/Program Goal, Outcome, Output and Activities:
- Name of project: Realising the Rights of Children in Nepal through CSSP (Local Name: PAHUNCH)
- Reduced child poverty in Nepal.
- Improved well-being of children in the CSSP project area.
Output 1: Improved access of children, their caregivers and other eligible people to existing social protection schemes in a transparent and accountable way.
Output 2: Improved functioning of service providers in delivering quality services relevant for CSSP.
Output 3: Strengthened child protection system at municipal and district level relevant for social protection.
Output 4: Enhanced child sensitivity of social protection recipients, their households and the community.
Output 5: Improved government policies and provisions for Child Sensitive Social Protection
- Support Social Protection Eligible Access the schemes,
- Support social protection eligible people to access the schemes,
- Training/capacity building and handholding support to implement the child sensitivity packages,
- One day child sensitive parenting orientation program for parents,
- Child Sensitive Parenting Classes,
- Support schools to improve pychosocial and emotion wellbeing of children at school,
- Support for underweight children/families to reduce malnutrition,
- Capacity building of health post staff on growth monitoring and advise parents on nutrition,
- Supplementary food (Super flour) support to targeted child grant beneficiaries,
- MEAL approach implementation( training and workshop),
- Develop IEC materials,
- Training on VERSP MIS for municipality staff, including how to keep data safe to protect loss of information in the event of a disaster,
- Support municipalities to organize public hearings (like Sajha Sawal) on social protection,
- Meeting/Capacity building of health post staff on importance of growth monitoring and advising in the case of malnutrition,
- Child Advisory Committee Meeting and Visit (Municipal level),
- Local Disaster Climate Mapping Plan (LDCMP) preparation,
- Program Implementation Advisory Committee (PIAC) meeting and monitoring visist of province and municipal level,
- Social Protection Policy preparation,
- Name of Program: Sponsorship (Sammunati).
- All children in the impact area are healthy and educated and become nurturing caregivers and positive contributors to society.
Outcome 1: Increased use of key MNCHN practices and services.
Outcome 2: Improved child development outcomes and caregiving knowledge and practices for children 0-5 years.
Outcome 3: Improved learning outcomes for all children through quality basic education.
Outcome 4: Improved learning and development outcomes for all boys and girls, which includes improved health and nutrition related knowledge, attitudes, practices and behaviours.
Outcome 5: Adolescents are equipped to make a healthy and successful transition through puberty to young adulthood.
Outcome 6: Parents/care-givers have sufficient income at all times to meet the essential needs of their children for survival, learning and protection
Sub Outcome 1.1: Increased access and availability of key Maternal and New-born Health (MNH) services and supplies for mothers/women of reproductive age (15-45) and new-borns
Sub Outcome 1.2: Improved quality of key MNH services for mothers/women of reproductive age (15-45) and neonates
Sub Outcome 1.3: Improved knowledge and acceptance of key MNH practices and services.
Sub Outcome 1.4: Improved the Enabling Social and Policy Environment for Key MNH services
Sub Outcome 2.1: Increased availability of and access to centre and non-centre based early learning opportunities including community and parenting programs that support girls and boys, especially the most deprived
Sub Outcome 2.2: Improve the quality of early learning environments - in centres and in homes.
Sub Outcome 2.3: Leverage existing thematic platforms and integrate ECCD activities into cross-sectoral programming, including in health, nutrition, education and community.
Sub Outcome 2.4: Improve local, regional, and/or national policies, capacities and resources for sustainable large-scale early childhood care and development
Sub Outcome 3.1: All children have access to appropriate education pathways.
Sub Outcome 3.2: Learning environments are physically safe and support children's well-being, they are inclusive and gender sensitive, promote active learning, and meaningfully engage children and their families.
Sub Outcome 3.3: Classrooms and communities are focused on improving learning equity and learning outcomes.
Sub Outcome 3.4: Improve local, regional, and/or national policies, capacities and resources for sustainable large-scale basic education.
Sub Outcome 4.1: Increased availability, access and use of health, hygiene, and nutrition services for all school-age children.
Sub Outcome 4.2: Improved quality of the school environment to promote health, hygiene, well-being and safety.
Sub Outcome 4.3: Improved opportunities for increasing health related knowledge, attitudes, practices and behaviours through classroom, peer-led and community outreach interventions.
Sub Outcome 4.4: Increased
Sub Outcome 5.1: Increased availability and accessibility of adolescent-friendly services and opportunities
Sub Outcome 5.2: Improved quality of services and opportunities for adolescents.
Sub Outcome 5.3: Improve knowledge, attitudes, skills, and self-efficiency of adolescents
Sub Outcome 5.4: Improve social and policy environment
Sub Outcome 6.1: Increased availability and accessibility of poor family friendly livelihood services and opportunities.
Sub Outcome 6.2: Improved quality of livelihood services and opportunities for parents and care givers
Sub Outcome 6.3: Enhanced capacities, skills and knowledge of parents and caregivers
Sub Outcome 6.4: Strengthened social and policy environment for the most deprived parents and caregivers
- Renovation of health facilities/BCs (water supply, toilet, placenta pit construction),
- Essential equipment support to BC/BEONC,
- Renovation/construction and material support to schools (Toilet, water supply and hand washing facilities),
- MHM training to adolescents girls/female teachers,
Early Childhood Care & Development:
- ECCD construction leveraging with municipality,
- Conduct transitional ECCD center in community,
- Sitting arrangement support to ECCD centers,
- ELM related materials support to ECCD centers,
- ECCD teachers training on ELM,
- Classroom renovation support-grade one,
- Classroom management support for LB/NB-Grade One,
- Formation/reformation of child club and networks,
- Support to conduct Child-led Promotional Activities,
- CRC training on role, responsibilities, CR, CP, CHP, ACM, Referral/Case Management etc,
- Leadership Management Training to child clubs,
Child Sensitive Livelihood:
- Vegetable farming support,
- Goat Keeping support,
- Name of Project: Better Health, Better Future.
- Improve nutritional status of children under 5 years of age and reproductive health status of adolescents and young women.
Outcome 1: Prevent malnutrition among children under 5 years of age through nutritional education to mothers and family members.
Outcome 2: Decrease case of early marriage and early pregnancy,
Outcome 3: Dignified motherhood to prevent maternal morbidity specifically uterine prolapse among young mothers through SRH education,
Outcome 4: Increase local community participation for claiming social security provisions available through local government and other agencies,
Outcome 5: Improve Kitchen garden of marginalized household.
- Support Social Protection eligible to access the schemes,
- Orientation to pregnant women and parents whose children is under 5 year age about PoP and nutrition,
- Support for underweight children/families to reduce malnutrition (Demonstration of nutrition food in local Hatiya, Nutrition package support to the needy and poor family, Nutrition Fair awareness rising/demonstration program),
- Training/orientation to the FCHV of rural municipality/Capacity building of health post staff on PoP including the purpose of Ring Pessary,
- Training on Kitchen Garden for pregnant women and Household with Malnourished Children (Revolving fund for Kitchen Garden),
- Interaction with Mother group on POP,
- Formation of Married/unmarried Adolescent Girls group for My First Baby (MFB) awareness (ward level),
- Orientation on uterine prolapse and the gender based violence to school and community adolescent girls,
- Awareness raising/support to conduct promotional activities on Anti Child Marriage Campaign with rural/municipality level,
- Awareness rising activities on nutrition (wall painting, street drama, Hoarding board set up),
Community Family Welfare Association
Past activities Projects / Programs (Phase Out)
|Project Title||Donors||Key Activities||Project Place||Period||Total Project Cost||Target Group|
|Health Education & Adult Literacy (HEAL)||World Education||• Basic Adult literacy class.
• Post literacy class
|VDCSinurjoda,Thadijhijha,Kaurtha,Lohana,Deodiha & JNP -12||2059 Chaitra to 2062 Mansir (6 month)||4,84,391.33||15 to 45 years illiterate women.|
|Girls Access to Education( GATE)||World Education||• Adolescent classes
• School enrolment to dropout girls
|VDC Kanakpatti, Sinurjoda, Mansingpatti, Paudeshwar ,Thadi Jhijha, Ghodghas , JNP||2060 Jesth to 2060 Phalgur ( 9 month)||5,59,930.07||10 to 14 years out of School Girls.|
|Brighter Future (Girls Access to Education )||World Education||• Non Formal Education Class Conducted.||Thadijhijha, Janakpur Municipality||2060 Jestha to 2060 Magh||82,913.60||10 to 14 years worst form of child labor girls.|
|Radio Listener Group||CARE Nepal||• Formation of radio listeners groups
• Group meeting conduction
|VD C Kanarpatti, Prako Mahuwa, Laxmipur Bagewa, Mansingpatti, Deodiha, Thadhijhijha , Sinoorjoda ,Phulgama & JNP -12.||2060 Mansir to 2061 Mansir (1 year )||550,740.00||15 to 45 years illiterate women.|
|Post Literacy||World Education||• Life skills classes conduction
• Behavior change through participants of classes
|VDCSinurjoda,Thadijhijha,Kaurtha,Lohana,Deodiha & JNP -12||2061 Baisakh to 2061Aasar||73,888.00||15 to 45 years new lliterate women.|
|Sad Baybhar Swastha Pariwar ( SSP)||Indreni Service Society / Save the Children/ US||• Participatory Learning & Action Class conducted.
• Radio Listener Group Conducted
• Partner Define Quality (PDQ) process.
• Promotional Activities for VSC
|VDC Lagama,Phulgama , Ghodghas, Sapahi, Mahendranagar ,Tarapatti , Bengasihapur , Varathpur ,Umaprempur , Khajuru & Pra khe Mahuwa||2061 Jestha to 2063 Asoj .(2.4 years )||36,96,653.00||15 to 45 years illiterate marginalized & Muslim women|
|Radio Listener Group (RHP)||World Education||• Radio Listen in group.
• Group discussion.
|VD C Kanarpatti, Prako Mahuwa, Laxmipur Bagewa, Mansingpatti, Deodiha, Thadhijhijha , Phulgama & JNP -12.||2062 Baisakh to 2063 Baisakh(1 year )||610,762.00||15 to 45 years illiterate women.|
|Health Education & Adult Literacy (HEAL)||World Education||• Basic class conduction
• Post literacy class - Non Formal Education Class Conducted.
|VDC Basahiya , Depura Rupaitha||2062 Baisakh to 2062 Asoj .||149,347.00||15 to 45 years illiterate women|
|Brighter Future ( Girls Access to Education )||World Education||• Non Formal Education Class Conducted.||VDC Basahiya,Bahuarwa, Deodiha, Dhalkewar,Hariharpur,Bengadabur,Naktajhijh||2062 Jestha to 2062 Phalgun||5,59,930.07||10 to 14 years out of School Girls|
|Health Forum ( Learning Circle )||World Education||• Health Module discussion among mothers group .||VDC Kanarpatti, Prako Mahuwa, Laxmipur Bagewa, Basahiya, Deodiha, Bahuarwa & Phulgama .||2062 Jestha to 2063 Jestha||384,930.00||Mothers Groups.|
|Vocational & Apparent ship Training||World Education||• Skill training conducted like as Laha Bangle designing Motorbike repairing , Swing & Cutting ,Radio ,T.V. Repairing .||VDC Godar, Naktajhijh, & Dhalkewar .||2062 Asoj to 2062 Chaitra ( 6month)||160,000.00||New literate child labour.|
|Health Education & Adult Literacy (HEAL)||World Education||• Non Formal Education Class Conducted .||VDC Ghodghas , Prako Mahuwa & Bahuarwa||2062 Falgun to 2062 Bhadra||151,747.00||15 to 45 years illiterate women|
|Health Forum (Learning Circle )||World Education||• Health Module discussion among mothers group .||VDC Dhanauji , Jhojhi kataiya , Pra ko mahuwa , Lohana , Ghodghas , Depura rupaitha , Lagama ,Nagrain , Tulsiyahi Nikas , Tulsiyahi Jabadi , Bahedabela , Mukiypatti Musharniya||2062 Falgun to 2063 Falgun||6,77,260.00||Mothers Groups.|
|Sansthagat Digo Pariwartan(SANDEEP )||Srijana Community Development Center / Save the Children /US||• Good Governance & Leadership Development.
• Financial Management.
• Resource Mobilization.
• Operational Management
• Human Resource Development
|In Organization (Community Family Welfare Association)||December 2004 to September 2008||910,430.00||Executive Members & Staffs|
|Brighter Future Girls Access to Education (GATE)||World Education||• Non Formal Education Class Conducted.||Godar , Newtoli , Barmajhiya , Bharatpur , Umaprempur , Puspwalpur , Mahendranagar .||2063 Asoj to 2064 Asadha||265,714.00||10 to 14 years Worst Form of Child Labour .|
|Health Forum (Learning Circle )||World Education||• Health Module discussion among mothers group.||VDC Parbaha , Lakhauri , Aurhi , Itharwa ,Duhabi , Thadijhijha , Khajuri ,Prakhe Mahuwa .||2063 Asadha to 2064 Asar||3,66,564.00||Mothers Groups .|
|Post Literacy||World Education||• Non Formal Education Class Conducted.||VDC Bahuarwa , Prako Mahuwa ,Godhghas||2063 Kartik to 2063 Magh||97,548.67||15 to 45 years new lliterate women|
|Health Education & Adult Literacy (HEAL )||World Education||• Non Formal Education Class Conducted.||VDC Dhalkewar , Bengadawar ,||2063 Asadha to 2063 Push||2,02,329.33||15 to 45 years illiterate women|
|Street Theater||CARE Nepal||• Street Theater Presentation.||36 Places in Dhanusha District.||2063||214,265.00||General Public|
|VPD Surveillance||CARE Nepal||• House Hold Survey.||16 VDC in Dhanusha District which lies in India Boarder.||2063 Asadha to Srawan||115,540.00||Border Areas VDC|
|Parents Teachers Association||World Education||• 2 days Orientation.
• Financial Support for Income Generating.
|Primary School Kemlipur , Primary School Dhalkewar , Primary School Sripur , Madan Yasrit Primary School Bengadawar , Janta Primary School Jomnibas , Akhilishwar nath Primary School Akaura , Lower Secondary Kuwa Rampur , Sri Janta Lower Secondary School Hariharpur , BMB Secondary School Bahuarwa , Sarbajanik Secondary School Dhalkewar||2063 Bhadar to 2063 Srawan||380,200.00||PTA members|